This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BakeItWithMotts #CollectiveBias


#applesauce #applemuffins #bakeitwithmotts #collectivebias

At less than 150 calories and almost no fat, these healthy muffins are the perfect, guilt-free snack.

I have a confession to make- I love to bake.  It’s funny, most chefs fall firmly on one side of the savory or sweet fence- they're either savory chefs or they’re bakers, but usually not both.  It’s probably because with savory dishes, you can be more experimental while baking is much more of an exact science.  With savory dishes, you can add a little bit of this or a little bit of that, mixing ingredients until you achieve the right balance of flavors.  But with baking, you have to be very precise, measuring each ingredient; otherwise your pastries may not rise or have the proper texture.  In culinary school, practically every student in my class except for me dreaded the mandatory 6-week pastry module (of course I mean the cooking part, not the taste testing!).  I love cooking savory dishes but I also love to bake.  I guess it’s my background in science, but I actually enjoy measuring out ingredients.  Plus, it’s amazing to me that you can mix together a few simple ingredients like flour, eggs, sugar and oil and just a short while later, you have a delicious baked confection.

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE

0 comments