One of my favorite ways to eat vegetables is to roast them in the oven. Roasting vegetables at a high temperature caramelizes their sugars and brings out their natural sweetness.  As the vegetables roast, they brown on the outside, become buttery soft on the inside and their flavors intensify.  I usually make a couple of large trays of them and store them in the refrigerator so that I can snack on them throughout the week.  They're great with rice or quinoa or as a side dish with grilled chicken or fish.  I also like to add them to salads, sandwiches, quesadillas and pasta dishes.    


My Perfect Oven-Roasted Vegetables are colorful, delicious and packed with nutrients.  For this version, I used a mixture of bell peppers, zucchini, carrots and red onion but you can use your favorite combination of vegetables.  I simply toss them with olive oil and season them with salt and pepper.  I also like to throw some whole garlic cloves on the pan along with the other vegetables.  As the garlic roasts, the flavor mellows out and it becomes soft and sweet.  In the winter I make the same dish but with heartier vegetables like sweet potatoes, parsnips, turnips and butternut squash.  Asparagus, beets, fennel, brussel sprouts and cauliflower are some other great options for roasting.  


CLICK HERE TO READ MORE

0 comments