Millet forms the base of these crispy, gluten-free cakes that are packed with nutritious veggies.


#millet #naturalbabyfood #thereciperedux

For me, the New Year is all about starting fresh, making healthy choices and trying new things.  And that’s exactly what the Recipe Reduxchallenged us to do for the first month of 2016- pick a new ingredient that we’ve been wanting to try and cook up a new recipe with it. 
I make a lot of recipes with whole grains.  After all, the dietary guidelines recommend that half of all the grains we eat be whole grains.  But most of the time, I end up making either brown rice or quinoa for dinner.  Sometimes I’ll make barley or farro.  I've been wanting to try some new whole grains so this week when I was at the grocery store, I ended up buying a bag of millet.  Although millet is a new grain for me, it’s actually quite ancient.  According to the Whole Grains Council website, “Before rice was widely consumed in Asia, it’s thought that different forms of millet were the staple grain in this region, as long ago as 8300 B.C.E.”      

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE

0 comments