Canned chickpeas are transformed into these crispy, delicious fritters that are packed with protein, fiber and flavor!

#reciperedux #falafel


This month’s Recipe Redux challenge was to raid our pantry, cupboards, freezer or fridge to find hidden “treasures” and incorporate them into a healthy recipe.  I love this idea because I’m definitely guilty of forgetting what I have in my kitchen sometimes.  I often have good intentions at the grocery store and stock up on plenty of pantry items only to forget about them later.  And what about those times when you buy an ingredient specifically for one recipe and then the rest of the container sits in the fridge forever?  Guilty.  So I scoured my kitchen for this challenge and came up with two worthy contenders- canned chickpeas from the back of my cupboard and an open bottle of tahini from the fridge.  Since I couldn’t choose which one to use, I decided to use both!


CLICK HERE TO READ MORE

0 comments